The Winter can be long and boring! Don’t break the bank trying to plan fun with the family! Check out these FREE ideas for family fun in our area!
- Free Roller Skating: Kids skate free when you sign up at your local rink here.
- Free Museum Visits: Your local library is not just for borrowing books! Many also offer free museum passes that you and your family can use. Check out the “Day Trips” tab on our website here and find your county library for more info.
- Free Open Play: Superior Play Systems in Berlin offers open play from 10am-1pm every Wednesday & Friday. (excluding holidays) More info on our Camden County Calendars here.
- Visit Ikea: Ikea in Philadelphia offers a large play space that is free and supervised, so you can browse all by yourself. You can an hour time limit! Kids must be between 37 and 52 inches tall and potty-trained to hang out in the play space. Directions here.
- Smith Play Place: In the warmer weather, the playground and giant wooden slide are the big draws, but in the winter months, the enormous — and totally free — playhouse will keep the kids buzzing around for hours. On each floor you’ll find a ton of well-loved but crowd-pleasing toys, like bikes and trikes in the basement, and dollhouses and books upstairs. Find out more on our Indoor Fun page here.
- Princeton University Art Museum: Everyone in the family, even young children and those in wheelchairs can enjoy the exhibits at the Princeton University Art Museum because the building is both stroller and wheelchair accessible. The museum is open to the public Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays, with tours conducted every Saturday and Sunday at 2 pm. While admission into the art museum is always free, donations are greatly appreciated. Find out more here.
- Bridgeton Hall of Fame All Sports Museum: Here you will see all types of famous memorabilia originally owned by famous athletes from New Jersey. While you may be required to pay a nominal charge for parking, entrance into the museum is free. More info here.
Do you know of any more? Comment below and we will get them added!
Also be sure to check our Calendar of Events and Day Trips tab for other low cost options for family fun! -Sandy